WEEK 10 - Dune (5points)

 Dune is my dad's favorite book so I was looking forward to read this as he gave me the physical copy. It's quite a large novel and honestly it's quite overwhelming with information. It's not the kind of novel I'd usually read; but the novel wasn't bad at all. I thought it was interesting how for such a futuristic novel based 20,000 years in the future, many norms are still in place such as feudal systems, religion and colonization. These things are never going to die. So many things are the same yet the idea of Earth is an archaic thought. It's almost like the world powers but focused solely on colonizing and becoming stewards for different planets. Like all societies, there's drug use which I found ironic considering there is a drug called Spice in real life as well. The way the enviroment is in the Dune planet, you definately need spice to get through it. 

Overall, it's not what I'd usually read but I really ended up enjoying it much more then I expected. I am looking forward to watching the movies now that I'm done with the book. I'm excited for the original because David Lynch directed it and the new one honestly doesn't seem too bad. 


Good read for sure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 14- Hitchhikers Guide (6pts)

WEEK 3 - A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami (6pts)